Saturday 26 July 2008

I can go the distance

Last weekend was the last opportunity to cycle a long distance, so last Saturday I set out to go as far as I could, I was disappointed that I got very tired and wanted to turn back after a couple of miles. I had not cycled much for a month before this, so I thought all my hard work was in vain.

I managed to struggle but when I got home I had managed 20 miles.

I was very disappointed with this so Saturday I decided to Carbo-Load and try some of the things that I was told. So on Sunday, I set out to do over 4o miles. I got to 22 miles and was not feeling that tired, so I stopped for lunch. I set out again, it was tough at first to re-start but before long I back in my stride.

I went from my house to Landbeach, Waterbeach, down by the river to Chesterton, Newmarket Road Park and ride, then to Swaffham Bullbeck, Swaffham Prior and on to Reach, then a couple of miles on the wrong road and back (oops), then back to Swaffham Prior, Swaffham Bullbeck, and to Chesterton, Waterbeach, Landbeach, Milton, Milton Road Cambridge where I used to work, Histon, Oakington and back home.

When I got home I had managed 51.8 miles and I had enough energy to continue my day, I was a little tired but not as bad as I expected to be.

Hopefully the cycle ride tomorrow will go as smoothly.

No comments: