Wednesday 16 July 2008

120 miles in a week

On may bank holiday I did the Cambridge to Reach Cycle ride which is a return trip of 20 miles, as I cycled to Reach via Cambridge from my house it turned into 38 miles.

This was the first time that I had cycled with other people, the pace was very slow but it did not seem as long as 38 miles all together.

When I got to Reach it was great as they had a fair, the mayor threw pennies to the peasants (old tradition). The best thing about it was that as I arrived on my bike I saw my family and friends greeting me.

I can only imagine what it is like to have my family and friends greet me when I finish the London to Cambridge, the thought of that will spur me on.

The cycle ride to Reach introduced me to to the national cycle routes, they are really good and plan out a known cycle route. I took that week off work and cycled everyday, I ended up cycling 120 that week.

No comments: