Sunday 27 January 2008

End of the first month of training

Well, it is the end of the first month of training and what have I accomplished?

I have gone from struggling to cycle to work and back 6.5 miles each way to being able to cycle to work 3 days a week and 1 day a week cycling 22 miles without stopping for a break, more than taking a drink.

My muscles are getting stronger and I am able to go further with less effort and after pain, I am enjoying cycling a lot more now as I am getting used to it and this makes a big difference.

I am hoping to increase my cycling to work to 5 days a week, the more the weather improves.

I still have 4 whole months before the first 50 mile cycle ride, and I can already cycle half that distance, I don't think it will be a big deal if I keep up the training. Hopefully by the end of February I will be a lot closer to my goal.

No comments: