Monday 3 March 2008

Just another week

I cycled to work all of last week. Nothing eventful happened. I have found that the more I cycle the easier I find it. I think nothing about cycling to work, it just feels very natural now and it would probably feel strange and somehow wrong to drive to work.

Last weekend there were gale force winds that nearly blew our house down, so I decided against cycling, Yvonne would not have thanked me either as it was Mother's Day and today is Yvonne's Birthday, Happy Birthday Yvonne.

3 comments:

charlie said...

happy birthday yvonne
another recipe to try out
fry 3 thinly sliced onions in a little oil for 10m or til golden brown
add tsp garlic,ginger(fresh),onion seeds,chilli powder & tumeric fry for 1m
add chopped bunch fresh coriander, 1tbsp lemon juice and meat/prawns of choice(i put 2 packs of raw prawns in) cook for 5-7m
SCOFF! i served with homemade naan(healthy style) have super easy recipe can freeze once made
hope u try and enjoy

Unknown said...

you're doing brilliantly!

I'm heading for a full summer of runs and cycling - first timer as well. what is the date for the london to brighton - do you know? i can't find it on the web. all best Vicky

Breatnac said...

London to Brighton is on 15th June 2008 http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_part_in_our_events/bike_rides/london_to_brighton_bike_ride.aspx

Unfortunately this ride is now full and I did not get into it. I have been told that they select the people that did it last year first then clubs, then if you get your application in quick enough then there are a certain amount of places left for us mere mortals.

However there maybe places available for London to Cambridge cycle ridehttp://www.bike-events.com/Ride.aspx?id=158 this is on 27th July 2008

If you are really brave you could try the Oxford to Cambridge cycle ride http://www.bike-events.com/Ride.aspx?id=182 which is on 28th September 2008

If you are seeking sponsorship, let me know and I will sponsor you

Good Luck
Breatnac