Saturday 23 February 2008

Need to get back on course

After being on my course in London last week, I was limited to how much training I could do. So, this weekend I decided to make up for it by riding for about 25 miles. I re-attached the tube on my hydration pack and tested it was not leaking.

It was pretty cold so I wore my tracksuit over my cycling gear and set off. The wind was blowing against me, but it was only mild wind. By the time I got to about 10 miles away the wind was blowing against me so hard that I found it hard to breath. I had gone from doing 19 miles per hour down to doing 8 miles per hour so I continued to 12 miles. I decided to turn around at 12 miles so that my return 12 miles would make 24 miles which was fine.

I turned around and instantly got a boost with the wind and I was riding up to 25 miles per hour, I was trying to get over 30 miles per hour so that I would trip the 30 mile per hour sign that comes on when you do more that that speed but 25 miles per hour was my maximum speed.



About 5 miles further and the wind had changed course and was once again strongly blowing against me until it got me back down to 8 miles per hour. I made it back after cycling 24 miles in 1 hour and 33 minutes. At this rate I will be able to do the London to Brighton in less than 5 hours.

My maximum speed was 25.6 miles and my average speed ended up to be 14.6 miles per hour. Considering the wind was so strongly blowing against me for a lot of this journey, I didn't do too bad.

If you want to see more pictures of my cycling you can either see my photo galleries on Facebook or see my pictures on Flickr (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23774591@N08/).

No comments: